It’s the morning of Jan 22 about 10:15 am, and let’s just say that for the last week or two I have been losing it, spiraling out; not out of control – just everything I’ve worked for in this MKE course seemed to be unwinding. I was absolutely aware that I was choosing the second option, “Attach to feeling unstable and confused.” I knew that old blue print was wearing my ass out. I could actually see it at work. And I knew deep inside I didn’t want to lose that battle. I’d been working too hard I told myself. OR had I, I asked? Now here comes the doubt, followed by all those other little demons that were trying to snatch victory from my hands. Trying to convince me I can’t become who I want to. Trying to convince me that this past 3 1/2 months was nothing but a bunch of shit.
I sit down at my desk to start my workday. In front of me is the birthday card for my daughter that I needed to sign and send off to get to her in California on time. I was going to just sign “Love Dad”. That wasn’t enough for the wonderful woman, wife, and mother she is. So, I put all that other stuff out of my head and just started writing in an empty space. Without any thought I just started writing to her all the things about her that I was grateful for. I smiled, signed it, put it on the envelope, licked the glue, sealed it, and set it to the side. I then glanced to the side and saw my word for the week – Persistence. Without any oomph behind it, I grabbed Og and went to Scroll IV. (Side note, I add a little to the front of “I am nature’s…” I say, “Today is a really, really good day. I greet his day with love in my heart. I rejoice and am glad in it, for I am nature’s greatest miracle.” I say that each time.) I started reading in spite of the way I was feeling. As I’m reading I thought to myself to put some enthusiasm behind the words. As I reading, I’m making a few notes on the side of the page. I’m feeling a bit motivated. I continue reading and I get to: “I have been given eyes to see and a mind to think and now I know a great secret of life for I perceive, at last, that all my problems, discouragements, and heartaches are, in truth, great opportunities in disguise. I no longer am fooled by the garments they wear for mine eyes are open. I look beyond the cloth and I am not deceived.” I paused and flashing through my mind was what subconsciously, without effort, had just taken place. Here’s what happened subconsciously:
- Law of Relaxation – before writing in the birthday card to my daughter, I relaxed and put all that crap out of my mind.
- Law of Substitution – I thought about all the good things about her
- Gratefulness – I wrote all the things I was grateful for about her, and it caused
- Law of Smiles – if there isn’t one, there should be. I smiled and it made me feel good
- Persistence – even though I may not have felt like reading, I did it anyway
- Reading with Enthusiasm – added the divine inspiration I needed
- Observation & Insight – that divine inspiration “opened my eyes to see and my mind to think”. What I saw were my truths and opportunities being disguised, being hidend by an old blueprint that just doesn’t want to let go and yield to the greater self. Then, I thought to myself that I must always trust my Creator, the Source of All Things. Universal Mind orchestrated all these events to pull me back on course. This reminds me that once light enters darkness, it’s impossible to add anymore darkness that would extinguish the light. So, as long as I stayed aligned with Source, there’s always light.
Reader, all this went through my mind in about 5 seconds. Then, tissue box please, I lost it. All I had been reading, doing, and practicing had actually taken root, carved those neural pathways, and forming my new blueprint! All this stuff was actually working. My brain is being re-trained and I didn’t even realize it. My mind is beginning to operate on a different frequency. The Me I want to become is unfolding. No more doubt and indecision.
I am Whole & Perfect, Powerful & Strong, Loving & Harmonious. I Am Happy!
Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.
Proceed with The Hero’s Journey!